Warframe is a free-to-play cooperative online third-person shooter set in a sci-fi world. The game was developed by Digital Extremes and published by the same company.
In warframe players control a member of the Tenno, ancient warriors who have awoken from centuries of cryosleep to find themselves in a war with the Grineer, a race of militarized humans, and the Corpus. The Tenno will use Warframes(exo-armor that uses unique combative technology to create the ultimate weaponry. The Warframes hold many mysterious powers and mastering one requires dedicated use.) in the war against the Grineer and Corpus.
Up to 4 players work together to complete missions such as eliminating enemies or retrieving data from terminals. Players can carry a primary weapon (such as a rifle or shotgun), a secondary weapon (usually a pistol), and a melee weapon. Players are given XP (experience points) for killing enemies and completing missions, which allows them to level up their weapons and armor. Each Warframe has 4 different abilities that can be unlocked through the progression system. When equipment is leveled up, it will unlock mod slots, which can improve or add various stats of weapons and armor, as well as general stat bonuses.
There are three factions in
– Preserved in cryopods for centuries, the Tenno awaken to a new war, fighting and resisting the Grineer Empire’s stranglehold on the solar system.
– The Grineer are a decaying race of militarized humans motivated by fear and envy. They have targeted the Tenno for extinction.
– The Corpus control all traded goods. The reclusive Corpus seek lost Orokin technology to build their own weapons of war to combat the Tenno and if necessary, the Grineer.
The camera is positioned over the shoulder for third-person shooting, and the player can also jump, sprint, slide, and roll, as well as combine techniques to quickly move throughout the level and avoid enemy fire. The game also allows players to utilize parkour techniques, such as running up or across walls, flipping over obstacles or transition into special attack animations. Money, ammo, and weapon and armor mods can be found in set locations, such as lockers, as well as dropped by enemies. New weapons and warframes can be purchased in the market, using either credits earned in game, or platinum purchased via microtransaction.
– Are only available for a limited window of time (from 30 minutes to up to 20 hours), and are fairly difficult, but have special rewards. Most of the time they have multiple objectives, and a higher drop rate for blueprints compared to normal missions. The mission with a question mark as second reward will reward a specific artifact or blueprint.
– Involves the player moving to find a VIP target within an enemy ship while fighting enemies. Once the VIP is located, he can be incapacitated and then dematerialized and captured for interrogation. After the capture is finished, the players must fight their way back to their ship to escape.
– Requires the player to acquire a variable number of objects and return with them to extraction.
– Will task the player to find and release a hostage from a jail cell.
– Will task the player with reaching and destroying the ship’s generator. This sometimes causes instability in the ship activating a timer. If the players haven’t reached extraction before the timer hits zero, you will fail the mission. Alternativley players are required to destroy a number of mining machines scattered throughout the level.
– Requires players to protect a cryopod from waves of attacking enemies. The cryopod slowly regenerates health. They also have mobile defense in which players have to hack a terminal and defend it for two minutes find and hack the next terminal then defend a cryopod until time expires
– Involves players moving throughout the level and wiping out enemies. The number of remaining enemies is displayed on the HUD, and the mini-map indicates whether an area has been cleared of enemies or not.
– The Dojo is a hidden fortress only accessible by you and your clan members (if in a clan). It is a meeting place where you can create special weapons and rooms. To access the Dojo, you must first create a clan key (under the foundry section) which its blueprint is given to you after joining or creating a clan.